Monday, December 1, 2008

An Attitude of Thanksgiving

Wow--I have been away for a week, and it's good to get back. I thought that, since we in the US have just celebrated Thanksgiving and we're heading on into other celebrations of thanksgiving--Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, etc, that I should take a minute to list what I was thankful for during our selling process. Perhaps you can take the lesson and approach your selling process with a spirit of thanksgiving, as well.

  1. I am thankful that the house is staged.
  2. I am thankful to the wonderful people I hired to get the house in great shape.
  3. I am thankful that the house is clean and in good repair.
  4. I am thankful that I've emotionally detached from the house.
  5. I am thankful that I have a great Realtor.
  6. I am thankful for my partner and husband and all his help in keeping the stage set.
  7. I am thankful for the support of my friends.
  8. I am thankful for the Internet and how it helps me market the house.
  9. I am thankful that gas prices are lower and folks are willing to drive around and look at houses again.
  10. I am thankful that our buyers found their new home in our old house.
Approaching the sale with an attitude of thanksgiving leaves your heart open to search for your new home even as you sell the old house. It also leaves you open to welcome new owners. When you are filled with a spirit of Thanksgiving, it's impossible to feel negative. So, while selling is stressful, and trying to have a joyous holiday season while selling sounds impossible, approach everything you do to sell with a spirit of hope and thanksgiving. Best to you during the holiday season. I know you can sell!

For more information and for a free sample of my eBook, I CAN Sell This House: Secrets to Selling Quickly in a Buyers' Market, please visit my site.

No comments: