Thursday, November 6, 2008

With Each Page I Read, I Backed Up a Step

I had a really interesting conversation with a friend and Realtor yesterday. I had given him a copy of my book, I CAN Sell This House: Secrets to Selling Quickly in a Buyers' Market. He had some really good feedback for me, including a wonderful metaphor that I hadn't even considered when I wrote it.

He said that he felt like he started reading standing inside a home, and with every page he read, he stepped back farther and farther until he was at the end of the driveway looking at the house. I was thrilled with his assessment, because that's what any seller needs today. As a seller, you need to cut all those emotional ties to your home so you can concentrate on just selling a house. I've said it before, but it bears repeating, "It's easy to sell a house. It's almost impossible to sell your home."

So, many thanks to Steve Jourdain for his insight. If you need to sell your house and either haven't figured out how to emotionally detach or don't realize that it's necessary, maybe my book can help you, too. Please take a look. Just so you can make sure, I offer a free sample with no strings attached.

No comments: