Monday, October 20, 2008

How to Stay Cool

"That's great, Jen," you say. "Keep cool. Riiiight." Alright, I know, I know. It's easy to say it, but how do you do it? Well, there are a bunch of ways; you have to find the way that works for you. If you are a religious person, you can ask congregation members and your clergy to keep you in their prayers. It always helps to know that people are pulling for you. If you're not a big church goer, you can still have your friends think positive thoughts, send you calming energy, etc--whatever fits comfortably into your world view.

Maybe you're more of an "I am an island" person. Someone who does not look to others. If you work out, you could easily incorporate a "Stay cool" mantra as you're doing your cardio. As a matter of fact, pairing positive talk that everything will work out with the endorphin rush you get from exercise is probably a really good idea.

"Gee, Jen. So far you've given us mystical assignments; where's all the information on the concrete steps I need to take to sell my house?" Well, friends, unless you have your head in the right space, your action plan isn't going to be as effective. I'm not saying that you won't be able to sell; I'm just saying that our negative thoughts are our own worst enemy when selling. Get your head in the game, and I promise the nuts and bolts are coming.

No comments: