Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Home Staging for Dummies


The Dummies series are fantastic resources. They are written by experts in their fields, and they are written in plain language that not only tells you what to do, but how and why to do it. Written by two renowned experts in the home staging world, Christine Rae and Jan Saunders Maresh, Home Staging for Dummies is a book that you need. I am not, nor do I plan to become, a home stager. I staged our house successfully for sale because I knew I had to. I read some information on the Internet, and I consulted with my Realtor about my best course of action. Of course, our house was on the market for less than a month, and our whole selling journey went very smoothly.

For those of you who are having some difficulties, or for those of you who need a little more inspiration and how-to guidelines for staging, I am certain that you will benefit from the information in this book. Do not get me wrong: of course I'd like you to buy my book, but I CAN Sell This House, Secrets to Selling Quickly in a Buyers' Market provides a how-to manual from everything from pinpointing your reasons for selling to finding a Realtor on through to what to do at closing. Although there is a helpful chapter or two on staging, the stage is not the focus of the book. So, I cannot in good conscience say, "You will be an expert home stager after reading my book," I can say, "You will be an expert after reading Home Staging for Dummies."

Whether you buy it because you need to stage your own house or because you want to stage other peoples' houses, do buy it. You will not be sorry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great "Reference for the rest of us". When getting a home ready to sell your home,consider updating the key light fixtures. Warm stylish lighting makes a great first impression. Get rid of the old "Brass and Glass" style lights and replace with Bronze or Brushed Nickel to make the house feel like new.

anieb said...

This post is really too informative to us, good perception of images and good description by which any one can get information what they want to this post.......As for as my thinking is concerned this one is the best post.

Thanks for sharing such a informative post.

Sell your house now